Thematic maps are very useful when describing statistical data about places. The data, simply, becomes much easier to understand.
It supports 3 visualizing types:
- Chloropleth (color coded regions)
- Pie charts
- Point clusters
The areas on maps are mentioned as latitudes or regions (depending on the type) which means no hacking or manual calculations.
In order to add some extra effects to the star rating code, you can add script.aculo.us as well (sample codes can be found in the Starbox website).
Some features of Starbox:
- Re-rating allows you to adjust your previous rating.
- Easily saving your rating with Ajax using the build in callback.
- Styling the Starbox based on status (hover, rated and locked).
- A ghosting bar that tracks your average.
- Batched building of Starboxes based on cached overlay images.
jQuery TOOLS is a set of frequently used user interface components, built with/for jQuery, to power your websites.
The library is lightweight (5.8kb) and consists of the following tools:
All the tools can be used together, extended, configured and styled which makes it very flexible.
Every feature in the library is very well documented & offers various examples to lower the learning curve.
It is also possible to download the tools you need rather than the whole package, combined in a one file. Continue reading