1- Simple Mailing List Script With PHP/MySQL
Simple Mailing List is a simple-yet-powerful and free mailing list manager script that is built with PHP/MySQL.
It helps you to control a mailing list by adding/removing members (one-by-one or in bulk), seeing the active/passive ones and sending mailings.
Every message sent can have an “unsubscribe link” and, optionally, the administrator can be notified about such updates via e-mail.
E-mails to be sent can be both plain or HTML and they can be scheduled for a future date (works with cron jobs).
In order not to overload the e-mail server, the script has the ability to throttle/limit/queue messages.
Simple Mailing List keeps the archive of previous mailings and “how many users they were sent to”.
Also, it is possible to create HTML templates and send your e-mails using them.
2- Free Ajax Newsletter Script
This is a free Ajax newsletter script that is built with PHP & jQuery.
With a very simple interface, it enables you to:
- Create categories (lists)
- Add e-mails to categories
- Send e-mails to any category and/or e-mail
- View the previously sent e-mails
It uses 1 PHP file & comes with a .SQL file for creating the necessary tables in MySQL.
To mention, the script is only the admin interface. If needed, you can create a front-end for users who want to subscribe to a newsletter by inserting their e-mails to the related categories.
3- OmnistarMailer: Web Based Email Marketing Software
OmnistarMailer is a web based e-mail marketing & autoresponder software.
It is an installable application that is built with PHP & uses MySQL to store data.
It enables you to create unlimited e-mail lists/members to:
- send them manual or automated newsletters/campaigns
- make online surveys
- send automated reminders (for ex: in birthdays)
And users can be added:
- by collecting data via an “integrated form builder” that forms can be embedded into your website.
4- Manage Your Mailing Lists With poMMo
poMMo is an open source maillist manager application for adding a mailing list to your website or to organize stand alone mailings.
poMMo requires PHP & MySQL, offers a very simple web-based setup and it can be ready to use within minutes.
With an Ajaxed interface, you can create custom subscription forms & subscriber groups. After that, it provides you the necessary embed code (or HTML output) for inserting the form.
poMMo is also a smart application as it gets the list of sent-unsent-failed e-mails during the delivery and has an automated “list cleaning” feature by checking the bounced e-mails.
Other nice features of this maillist manager:
- Easy creation of subscriber groups
- Quickly import and export your subscriber base
- WYSIWYG HTML mailing creation
- Flexible collection of subscriber data through user defined “fields”
- Drag and drop field ordering
- Themeable, brandable, multilanguage
- Limit the sending of mails – throttle by hour, bytes, and domain limits
- Revolutionary AJAX based subscriber Management
- Personalize Mailings — e.g. Say “Dear Susan” vs. “Dear Subscriber”
- View and Reload sent mailings from the Mailing History page
- Mailings can be paused, resumed, and canceled “live”
- Mailings take place in the background — you can turn your computer OFF during a sending
- Subscribers can unsubscribe themselves or update their own information (including email address)
This mailing list manager application uses very low disk I/O and can be used for big mailing list groups.
5- Pro And Free E-mail Marketing Tool: OpenEMM
E-mail marketing, when done professionally, has a serious return rate and measurable.
OpenEMM is a beautiful e-mail marketing (or newsletter management) application with business level capabilities. And best of all, it is open source.
Using this e-mail marketing tool, event and time triggered e-mails can be sent which is a great feature for smarter mailing lists.
Some other features of OpenEMM are:
- Set of pre-configured action forms and template
- Import and export workflows simplified by wizards
- Configuration of different users with different rights/roles
- Create mailing lists for groups of recipients
- Subscription to your mailing lists via confirmed opt-in, double opt-in or via e-mail
- Unsubscription with one click, optional with confirmation query and unsubscribe confirmation by e-mail
- Import and export wizards
- Separation of layout and content (like a content management system)
- Detailed real-time statistics with graphical output
- Analysis of opening rate, click rate, unsubscriptions, bounces
- Comparison of multiple mailings based on key data
OpenEMM is mainly written in Java and Python and uses MySQL for storing data.
6- Powerful And Free Newsletter Manager: phplist
Sending newsletters to 1000’s of users, tracking clicks, unsubscribe links, risk of sending e-mails twice? Yes, these are some concerns of newsletter management.
phplist, an open source PHP – MySQL based newsletter management application makes sending newsletters easy, professional and managable.
Some powerful features of phplist:
- No duplicate messages. No ‘forgotten’ messages.
- View and click tracking
- Templating and multiple subscribe pages
- Dynamic subscriber columns
- User specific content like “name, e-mail”
- RSS subscription
- CVS import and export
- Bounce detection and cleaning
- Auto PDF messages
- Throttling to prevent server overload
This open source newsletter manager can also be integrated with the current subscriber base with the built-in import feature or some coding for syncronazing databases.