Firefox is web developer’s favorite web browser. One of the major reason for this fact is its ability to extend through add-ons. Now Firefox add-ons system has been redesigned to enhance users ability to find and share add-ons. The most significant improvements are the Add-on Collections and Add-on Collector.
Collections are a way for you to categorize, mix, match and mingle add-ons. You can subscribe to collections created by other users or create your own. Add-on Collector is an extension for Firefox that makes it easy to stay up-to-date with your favorite collections.
Add-on Collector Extension Features
- Collections that you mark as favorites in the Collection Directory appear in a special part of the Add-ons Manager. You’ll be able to stay up-to-date and view the contents of each collection.
- Each add-on you install is easily shared with a friend via e-mail or published to one of your collections through a publishing menu.
- Collector will alert you when one of your favorite collections has a new item, and mark it for you to review later.
- Auto-publisher functionality keeps your collection continuously updated with your latest add-ons, keeping your friends who subscribe up-to-date.
Few Collections For Web Developers & Designers
- Web Developer’s Toolbox
Speed up the development process by using add-ons to troubleshoot, edit, and debug web projects without ever clicking away from Firefox.
- Designer Essentials
The perfect collection of Web Designer and Development Add-ons.
- PowerUser – Web Development
Collection of tools for web designers, developers and SEO.
You can also think of collections and add-on collector extension as a social recommendation system for add-ons. Subscribe to see how the collections you admire grow, and fans follow when you manage and update your own collections.