Claroline is an Open Source eLearning and eWorking platform allowing teachers to build effective online courses and to manage learning and collaborative activities on the web. Translated into 35 languages, Claroline has a large worldwide users’ and developers’ community.
Current version (stable)
Claroline 1.8.11 (July 23th, 2008)
» To help you in your Claroline installation, have a look at the Install Claroline tutorial.
To install Claroline on a server, whether locally or remotely, you need the following devices on the computer:
- A web server (We recommend Apache, but others should work too),
- PHP 4.3.10 or later,
- The MySQL databases server 4.0 or later,
- A Mail Transport Agent (optional)
Before proceeding to the Claroline installation, please ensure you read thoroughly the file called INSTALL.txt provided in the archive file.
Upgrading from Claroline 1.8.* to 1.8.11
Extract the downloaded archive and simply copy the extracted files on your current Claroline installation.
- replaces the index.php at the root of your Claroline installation
- replaces all the files inside the ‘claroline‘ directory.
Data stored in course directories and inside Claroline databases won’t be affected by this operation.
Upgrading from a previous version
- Upgrade to Claroline 1.8 is possible from Claroline 1.7.* version.
See Claroline 1.8 Upgrade Manual