Open Web Analytics is an open source framework that developers can use to integrate web analytics into any application.
It is built with PHP & besides the standalone usage, it has built-in support for WordPress, Gallery & MediaWiki.
OWA comes with 2 APIs:
- PHP: which makes it easier to integrate into any PHP application
It has powerful tracking/reporting features like heat maps, multiple websites, Google Maps integration, RSS/Atom subscription tracking &standard ones like:
- page views, visits, and unique visitors over time
- unique, new, repeat visitors over time
- Click-streams – view the actual click-stream of each visitor
- Click Tracking – Track where exactly on a web page users are clicking and view clicks by browser type
- Click Heat Maps – view a heat map of where users are clicking on your web pages
- Visitor Aging – understand the age of your repeat visitors.
- Canned and Custom Time Periods – generate reports using pre-defined reporting periods or custom date ranges
- Refering Page Analysis – View the title, anchor text, and surrounding text of inbound links from refering web pages
- View visits by user agent
- Track entry and exit pages
- Track pages by custom page type
The frameworks uses other open source resources like Open Flash Chart or PHP Mailer & requires PHP 4.2.2+ with GD enabled to run.