MySpace is sharing an open source project named MySpace’s Performance Tracker which is an Internet Explorer plugin for capturing and measuring possible bottlenecks on webpages.
The plugin is a great helper to developers for:
- measure the CPU hit and memory footprint of your pages
- reviewing screenshots of the page while it renders
- reviewing rendered HTML on each point of the page’s lifecycle
- viewing estimates of the time it takes to render each section of the page in different connection speeds
- validating the content of pages against a set of proven “best practice” rules of web development.
P.S. The tool is currently in pre-alpha state.
Requirements: Windows XP+, IE6+, Adobe Flash Player 9+, Microsoft .Net framework 2.0